This page provides supplementary material for the paper Automatic Extraction of Probabilistic Workload Specifications for Load Testing Session-Based Application Systems, which introduces the WESSBAS approach.
van Hoorn, A., Vögele, C., Schulz, E., Hasselbring, W. und Krcmar, H.: Automatic Extraction of Probabilistic Workload Specifications for Load Testing Session-Based Application Systems [Paper] In: 8th International Conference on Performance Evaluation Methodologies and Tools (ValueTools? 2014), December 9-11, 2014, Bratislava, Slovakia. PDF
WESSBAS is an acronym for Workload Extraction and Specification for Session-Based Application Systems.
Download supplementary material: valuetools14-supplementary.zip (680 MB)
The following WESBASS programs are included in the directory software:
- jetty-actionServlet/ --- Jetty Servlet container with the deployed ActionServlet (below)
- kieker-1.9-SPECjEnterprise/ --- Kieker version 1.9, including a SPECjEnterprise-specific Servlet probe
- net.sf.markov4jmeter/ --- Markov4JMeter including extensions by think times
- net.sf.markov4jmeter.actionservlet/ --- Application used in the evaluation to receive requests from the synthetic workload
- net.sf.markov4jmeter.behaviormodelextractor/ --- WESSBAS User Behavior Model Extractor
- net.sf.markov4jmeter.m4jdsl/ --- WESSBAS DSL
- net.sf.markov4jmeter.m4jdslmodelgenerator/ --- WESSBAS Model Extractor
- net.sf.markov4jmeter.sessionGenerator/ --- Utility program to create synthetic session logs
- net.sf.markov4jmeter.testplangenerator/ --- WESSBAS Test Plan Generator
- sessionExtraction/ --- Generates session log from a Kieker monitoring log; analysis program for session logs
- Weka/ --- Weka data mining tool (sources)
- wesba-workflow/ --- Utility scripts to connect inputs and outputs of the WESSBAS tools
The evaluation results mentioned in the paper (including request and session logs; extracted WESSBAS DSL instances and JMeter test plans; and analysis scripts and results) are included in the directory evaluation/20140826-SPECjEnterprise/.